There’s a reason we call it ‘beauty sleep’. During a restful sleep, we wake up feeling energised, our stress hormones (cortisol) decrease, and our sleep hormones (melatonin) increase, and skin goes into ‘repair’ mode. World Sleep Day – March 17th – is a day dedicated to sleep health, to remind us of the importance of getting some quality shuteye – seven to eight hours are recommended. Follow CACI’s 7 steps for getting a beautiful night’s sleep and wake up feeling and looking refreshed. This is your skin’s wake-up call…
- Remove your makeup at the end of the day, so pores don’t get clogged, which can then lead to breakouts. Opt for a gentle pH balanced cleanser to keep your skin barrier healthy.
- Switch off your tech, close your eyes and apply CACI Eye Revive Mask. for about 15 minutes before turning off the lights. Infused with hyaluronic acid, cucumber and green tea extract, the mask helps to instantly cool, soothe and hydrate the delicate eye area.
- Studies show that new skin cells grow faster while you sleep. Choose products that will optimise the recovery time, so you wake up with healthier skin. CACI Amino-Lift Peptide Complex works wonders as a skin-reparative serum to promote skin renewal, brighten skin tone, and boost your skin’s collagen production.It contains a clinically effective blend of peptides, amino acids and plant proteins to help improve skin firmness, stimulate collagen and combat signs of premature ageing caused by free radical environmental damage.
- Lack of restorative sleep can leave eyes looking puffy by morning. Cortisol levels can rise, changing the salt balance in the body, resulting in fluid retention and puffiness.
Avoid lying flat - add an extra pillow to keep the head raised to encourage lymphatic drainage and help drain fluids around the eye. Try sleeping on your back, not your side, to avoid repeated pressure or creases forming on one side of the face.
- Breathing exercises before bed can help induce a relaxation response, which can make it easier to fall and stay asleep. Try deep breathing (breathe in for a count of four and breathe out for six) and focus on the relaxation aspect of your breath. Feel your body sink into your bed and your head fall heavy into your pillow.
- If sleep has, for whatever reason, alluded you, reach for CACI Eye Revive Serum when you wake to combat signs of puffiness and dark circles. Containing calming and conditioning seaweed extracts, peptides that work to diffuse the appearance of dark circles while supporting collagen for firmer, smoother skin, water-binding hyaluronic acid, glycerin and biotin to combat the signs of ageing.
- For those who struggle repeatedly with restorative sleep, book in for a professional course of CACI’s Eye Revive, starting from £40 (30 minutes). This treatment helps to lift and firm the muscles around the eye area. Using serum-filled muscle-toning microcurrent rollers together with the soothing and calming Eye Revive Mask, the treatment helps to boost circulation, reduce puffiness and dark circles and soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes, delivering maximum results in an express treatment.